1. Adequate knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering subjects pertaining to the relevant discipline; ability to use theoretical and applied information in these areas to model and solve complicated engineering problems.
2. Ability to design and conduct experiments, gather data, analyse and interpret results for investigating engineering problems or research subjects specific for the discipline.
3. Ability to design a complex system, process, device or product under realistic constraints and conditions, in such a way to meet the desired result; ability to apply modern design methods for this purpose.
4. Ability to work efficiently within a disciplinary and in multidisciplinary teams; ability to work individually.
5. Ability to identify, formulate, and solve complicated engineering problems; ability to select and apply proper analysis and modelling methods for this purposes.
6. To act according to ethical principles, awareness of professional and ethical responsibility; knowledge about the standarts used in engineering applications.
7. Ability to communicate effectively in Turkish, both oral and in written; have the knowledge of a minimum of one foreign language; write reports effectively and understand written ones, prepare design and production reports, make effective presentations, give and receive clear and concise instructions.
8. Knowledge about contemporary issues and the global and societal effects of engineering practises on health, environment, safety, and current engineering problems; awareness of the legal consequences of engineering solutions.
9. Recognition of the need for lifelong learning; ability to access information, to follow developments in science and technology, and to continue to educate him/herself.
10. Knowledge about business life practices such as project management, risk management, and change management; awareness of entrepreneurship, innovation; knowledge about sustainable development.
11. Ability to develop, choose and use the modern techniques and tools for solving the complicated problems encountered in engineering practices; ability to use the information technologies effectively.